Friday, July 15, 2016

The Road

                          Dear Road
                                         
                                           You guide me evrey where
                                            Sometimes you are lined with pebbles
                                            Or other times you seem to be,
                                            The path to nowhere
                    
                                            Why do you have speed limits?
                                            Are we going to fast?
                                            Should I slow down my life,and
                                            Enjoy every passing moment?

                                            The detours are taking my time
                                             The road blocks are in my way
                                              The traffic is infuriating
                                             Why must you annoy me constantly?

                                              I would like to travel the world
                                              Would you help me see the wonders?
                                               Will you listen to the stop signs?
                                              And if I'm nervous,will you leave?

                                                 Will you continue to carry me?
                                                  What do I do if I'm lost?
                                                   Should I despair or will you bring me there?
                                                  I trust the road,I must trust myself
                                                                                                                 Namaste
                                                                                                                                   (molly)

2 comments:

  1. I like this metaphor of the road when thinking about life. Life is a journey, not a destination, right? When we are faced with roadblocks, we go around them!

    ReplyDelete