Monday, August 1, 2016

Trust



          In gymnastics I get often nervous for new skills because I don't want to fall. All my coaches tell me I can do it "so easily" and won't spot me. One of my coaches told to trust myself more. They wouldn't tell me do do it if I was not ready. I need to trust my coach to be there but I also need to trust myself when the coach isn't there. I get nervous when they spot me less and less because I know one  of these times they just wont spot me.  That's when the pressure to do it comes in. I wrote a letter to pressure. I also wrote a letter to betrayal for when coach tells me they're going to be there but they are not. To me, it's a mild form of betrayal that actually never lets me trust that much ever again even if they are right. "Trust is like paper, once it's crumbled it can't be perfect again"- anonymous.
          The picture in my view  is I shouldn't be afraid of my coach not being there because I shouldn't trust my coach this far  but  I should trust myself.
                                                                                  Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment