Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Empty

Empty
Your words are empty
You are jealous
I don't listen

But what is that in my heart?
Like a twinge of pain when you say that
It can't be true

It replays, replays, replays, replays
Is it because I was mad?
Is it because you were mad?

I can't let myself listen
I have to dump out the dirty water
Don't let it get to me

You snap at me
A quote you  come up with
To me it makes no sense

Then you write it down
Angry at me, pride in your writing
Then you reread it, as if, to reassure yourself

I tell myself, to let it go
But yet the pit stays in my stomach
The needle becomes a hammer, then I’m holding the sky

Is it fair?
No
Do I like it?
You say you know me
You think I don't understand
Maybe I don't... but  you definitely kill me with misunderstanding

This is the last time
I won't do it
But I guess my words, thoughts are...
Empty

No comments:

Post a Comment